1. To explore clinical teaching strategies to help learners acquire clinical judgment skills.
2. To develop approaches for valid and reliable evaluation of clinical performance.
* Issues in Clinical Instruction
* Developing Clinical Judgment
* Cognitive Psychology: Implication for Clinical Teaching
* Planning Clinical Learning Activities
* Use of the Learning Laboratory
* To Use a Preceptor or Not?
* Pre- and Post-Conferences
* Small Group Work – Designing Clinical Teaching Strategies
* Discussion of Group Work
* Strategies for Evaluating Clinical Performance
* Measurement Issues
* Summary & Wrap-up