||To be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must hold a full and unrestricted RN license in the United States or its territories.
- The applicant must have current recognition or must meet the requirements by the state board of nursing to perform as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN).
- The applicant must hold current national certification in an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) role.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 2500 hours of experience in an advanced practice role, working with older adults, during the last 5 years.
- The applicant must have completed fifty (50) contact hours of approved continuing education in gerontology* within the 3 years prior to submitting the exam application. Continuing education hours must be accredited by a provider or approver of continuing nursing education, or medical education, such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a state board of nursing, nursing association, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. (AANP).
*Please Note: For initial GS-C certification by examination, continuing education contact hours include online or on-campus coursework, attending conferences, lectures, etc., where the applicant is the learner. Alternatively, precepting hours, writing entries or articles for publications, giving presentations or lectures, etc., are considered professional contact hours, which can be used for recertification only, not for initial certification by examination.
| *Paper/Pencil Exam (ONLY offered at GAPNA National Conference)
· Date: March 17, 2018
· Location: Boston Park Plaza, Boston, MA
Postmarked on or before the application deadline date: February 2, 2018