CCHT-A Eligibility Criteria
1. Five (5) years of continuous employment and a minimum of 5000 hours as a clinical hemodialysis technician,
2. 30 contact hours of continuing education relevant to the practice of a hemodialysis technician, within the previous three years. It is recommended but not required that Continuing education be approved by one of the following:
- Organizations accredited by the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center — Commission on Accreditation (ANCC-COA), the credentialing body of the American Nurses Association
(For Example: The American Nephrology Nurses’ Association (ANNA), which is both an accredited provider and approver of continuing education in nursing)
- The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- The Council of Continuing Education
- California Florida, Iowa, Kansas, or Ohio State Boards of Nursing*
(For Example: The National Association of Nephrology Tech nicians/Technologists, which is an approved provider through the California State Board of Nursing.)
*Please be aware that although progranms meet requirements set forth by other state boards of nursing, they may not meet the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission criteria.
3. The applicant must hold a current, active and national certification as a CCHT, CHT or CCNT.