CCHT: Certified Clinical
Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC)
East Holly Avenue
Pitman, NJ 08071-0056
888.884.6622 (Toll Free)
CCHT Eligibility Criteria
1. The applicant must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent, General Educational Development (GED), and must submit a copy of a government approved high school diploma. The name on the diploma must match the name on the CCHT exam application. If it does not, proof of name change (e.g., marriage certificate) must be submitted.
2. The applicant must have successfully completed a training program for clinical hemodialysis technicians that included both classroom instruction and supervised clinical experience. The applicant must obtain the signature of the educator or submit a certificate of completion to verify the training program.
3. If the applicant has not yet obtained a position as a clinical hemodialysis technician, he/she must provide the number of hours spent in clinical, hands-on patient care experience obtained as part of the training program, and must provide the name of the facility where the clinical training occurred.
The facility administrator or manager must sign to verify that the clinical, hands-on experience did occur and was supervised by an RN. (Note: Clinical training must be hands-on. Shadowing/observation is not considered hands-on training.)
4. If the applicant has held a position as a clinical hemodialysis technician within the last eighteen (18) months he/she must provide the name of the employer.
5. The applicant must obtain the supervisor’s signature to verify employment. It is recommended, but not required, that an applicant have a minimum of six (6) months (or 1,000 hours) of clinical experience.
NOTE:The applicant must be in compliance with federal and state regulations of the practice of hemodialysis patient care technicians. Applicants must meet the training and experience requirements of the CMS Conditions for Coverage for End Stage Renal Disease Facilities and of the state in which they practice.
Handbook - Application - Study Materials:
Your application must first be approved before scheduling an exam. Once approved, you will be emailed a link allowing you to choose and exam date, time and location. Simply follow the link to book your exam. All exams are offered in the Computer-Based Test (CBT) format. To find a CBT site near you, click the “Test Sites” button at the top of this website.
Retaking the CCHT exam:
As long as you are eligible, you may retake the CCHT exam and many times as you like by submitting a new application with payment. To RETAKE the CCHT without submitting an application, click “Expedited (Fast-Track) Processing.